College is a huge transition in many of our lives, and it comes with so many amazing (and sometimes stressful) experiences! One of the biggest changes is going from living at home with your parents, to living either in a college dorm room or apartment. Living in a college dorm can be tough on your eating habits because it’s not very conducive to cooking. College dining halls are great, but sometimes you don’t want to get out of the dorm for every single meal! We understand the struggle, so we’ve found several recipes that can be made in your college dorm with just a microwave and mini-fridge! No more late night packets of ramen and spoonfuls of peanut butter!
- Overnight Oats – there are so many ways to make overnight oats, and all you need are oats, any type of milk, and whatever toppings you want! Most overnight oat recipes are super simple. All you have to do is combine oats and milk in a 1:1 ratio (½ cup is usually a good breakfast size) and then mix it up with your favorite toppings. That can be berries, nuts, coconut, chocolate chips, yogurt, peanut butter…the sky’s the limit!
- Microwavable Scrambled Eggs – sounds strange, but it’s so easy and healthy! All you need is a microwave-safe bowl, eggs, and a fork. You can eat it plain or top it with avocado, microwavable bacon, or salsa for a kick!
- Blueberry Muffin – classic breakfast recipe you can make in the microwave!
- Microwavable Mac and Cheese – ultimate comfort food! You can make this in a mug in less than 5 minutes. It’s also perfect serving size for 1 person!
- Baked Potato – that’s right, you can make these right in your microwave! Just pop that potato in the microwave and get your toppings ready – it takes less than 10 minutes!
- Vegetarian Burrito Bowl – for when you can’t make it to Chipotle! You can make so many variations of this depending on what toppings you have, but the base is so quick and easy!
- Pizza in a Mug – you may seem skeptical, but it’s a college dorm room staple! This recipe gives the basic ingredients, but you can jazz it up with whatever toppings your heart desires.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie – for those nights you can’t get rid of your sweet tooth! Learn how you can make a homemade cookie in just a couple minutes.
- Strawberry Pop Tart – this could be a breakfast, but also satisfies late night cravings! Just like a pop tart, it has a sugary outer layer and jam-filled center – you could try any flavor of jam to mix it up!
- Coffee Cake – an indulgent treat you can make in a mug! And who doesn’t love coffee at all times of the day?