While searching for your textbooks, you may be wondering whether you should rent or buy your textbooks. The short answer is it depends on the book! Here are a few tips to help decided if you want to rent or buy your textbook:
- Expect to save 50%-90% off the new price of a book.
- Allows you to pay less money today than buying books.
- Great for textbooks you’re not sure you’ll want to keep, especially classes outside your major or introductory classes.
- Reduces stress and risk of selling your book at the end of the semester.
- Great for novels and books that you’ll want to keep, especially books in your field of focus.
- Able to try to sell the book for cash at the end of the semester.
- No risk of being charged a fee if the book gets lost or damaged.
Ultimately, the better option depends on your situation. If you are having trouble making a decision on whether to rent or buy, just ask us! We will be more than happy to help you make a good decision that fits your needs!
Check out an earlier blog post to see Four Tips For Getting Cheap Textbooks.